Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sunday morning we left Stagecoach RV park in Branson and headed home. BUT!!! as we got close to Tyler Bend on the Buffalo river we both thought it would be nice to stay the night there. We pulled in and found a pull through site that seemed pretty nice. We got set up and then walked with Cooper down to the river. Lots of canoe's and people but we found a spot and got settled in for a couple of hours or so. I fished and Donna read while Cooper just rested. We went back to the RV and OMGosh!! it was hot hot hot the RV was directly in the SUN and not going to get any relief until dark. OH did I forget to mention that we were (Boondocking)camping with out any Hook ups Electric, water or sewer. I mean we were roughfing it big time. We ran the generator for two hours and were able to get by. I grilled burgers and Donna fixed the fixings. The dark brought cool and we were able to get a great sleep listning to all the birds etc. Monday we got up early and sat around and drank our coffee (Perculator) and just enjoyed the beautiful morning. We walked Cooper around the park and I spotted a site that would work real well for the camping we were doing. We unhooked the Dodge and moved the RV to the new location, set up and then went and payed for to more nights. We also went around and picked up fire wood that had been left at other sites. We ended up with quite a bit of wood. Then we loaded up the truck and back to the river for the afternoon. We went back to the RV and around 4:00 pm we started the Generator again charging the batterys and cooling things down. We made Ham and Sweet potato hobo meals that I cooked on the grill. Very very Good. Then we sat out till around 10:30 pm by the camp fire great day and wonderful evening. Tuesday brought an other wonderfull morning I sat out at the fire and had coffee. We just rested during the early morning and around 11:00am we headed back to the river,more of the same for us all with the exception of me and my close and I mean close encounter with a SNAKE not one but two they actully ran me out of the river. Well we were tired and headed back to the RV for our afternoon cool down and to get dinner ready. We once again had Hobo meals this time with Ground beef, potatos, corn and onions. Grilled to perfection. We ate and then took Cooper for a walk, as we were walking I noticed a truck with an Escapees sticker on it and when the gentilman spoke I asked if he had been at the Escapade in Sedalia the week befor and as things go he was and not only was he there he had helped Dale and I when we pulled Dales RV out. What a small world. Then back to camp for a relaxing evening around the fire again. Wedensday morning we got up had coffe and headed home. We arrived home around 10:30am and while Donna did laundrey I mowed the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment